My foray into the new Forgeworld retro armour kits has been one of experimentation and unusual results. Until now, I’ve not been too strict about the components I match up for a marine figure, but I’ve challenged myself to try and maintain the look of each model as a set suit of armour as far as possible.
Monthly Archive: September 2010
Alas! I am stuck with a new dilemma. After a year of toiling at my Dark mechanicum army, I find myself without a legal force toÃ‚Â commitÃ‚Â to the table. The army was built almost exclusively for the Tempus Fugitives events and may well see more action in that capacity, but now I face other challenges in the world of 40k and need a legitimate bunch of models to play with!
- Dark Mechanicus – by Hortwerth
- Blood Angels & Custodes – by Dargor
- Thousand Sons – by rev
- 1st Legion – by Deiex
- Blood Angels Fellblade – by Tom McBride
- Mechanicus – by Cerebralerebus
- Photos of AOTE4 – by Jonog
- Classic Custodes army – by Dave Taylor
- Sculpting layered armour – by masteroftheforge
- Imperial Fists – by shaw3029
A little delayed (5 months!) by the onset of the Age of the Emperor campaigns, development of the Codex Crusades is back on track with newÃ‚Â vigour.
With a new interest in the Iron Hands chapter and a while host of new information over the past few months, I’ve decided to include two legions in the first release. At the least, this gives us two factions to perform… training on the battlefield together. Mostly though, I am building a Crusades-era Iron Hands army side-by side with writing the rules and have a Thousand Sons opponent to playtest with – ideal!
The fourth and final Age of the Emperor campaign weekend concluded this weekend, hosted by the Tempus Fugitives at Warhammer World.
Another enjoyable weekend of gaming, coupling highly themed armies with friendly opponents – The Great Scouring was another success.
Three members of The Great Crusade team were nominated for the best army award, my Dark Mechanicum included, with the winner being TGC’s Dargor himself! An impressive feat considering the army was painted in just one month!
- Actual scale Space marine tutorial – by Master of the Forge
- Sculpted Legion – by Doghouse
- Blood Angels – by Aleks
- Thousand Sons – by rev
- Fellblade – by Machinator
- Space Wolves – by LordKhaine
- Death Guard Drop Pods – by Big Red
- Sculpting chapter badges (Alpha Legion) – by Master of the Forge
- Games Day Baltimore coverage – by SpikyBits
- Pre-Heresy armour wishes are met! – by Forgeworld
While the top ten is slowing down (this is hard work,Ã‚Â findingÃ‚Â new material on a regular basis!), August has been a brilliant month for new products and I anticipate many new armies being started thanks to the Forgeworld releases.