Project Nurgle – week 17
Where have the last 5 weeks gone? Nurgle knows…
After a mad dash to get my 1,000 points sorted out for a multiplayer battle on Tabletop Day, I lost momentum for the army. Having painted 46 Plaguebearers and 2 heralds just this year, I think I felt a little burnt out. However, We’ve started a Mighty Empires campaign at the club and I decided to keep at the daemons to keep my motivation up.
The battle itself was a mixed bag of results. We agreed to play the watchtower mission (latest edition) to encourage everyone to focus on a central objective. That didn’t really play out, with lots of Elves getting distracted, and the only combat-competent elf unit being targeted by all our offensive magic and firepower. Suffice to say, Nurgle held the tower.
With 5 weeks to catch up… I haven’t been idle. I just haven’t entirely finished a new Nurgle model yet.
I’ve nearly finished a second command group:
And another herald for the army:
I did get distracted by a classic Tyranid. I have been gathering classic models to replace my Space Crusade plastics.
To try and return to a weekly blogging pace, I am going to better organise my painting and sculpting time, setting a monthly goal and reviewing it every four weeks. This monthly goal has to incorporate any trades and purchases. If I don’t build and paint what I buy within 4 weeks, I won’t allow myself to acquire anything new until I do.
My current plans for May are:
- Chaos Treeman Warrior (sculpt)
- Mechanicum (build and paint)
- More Nurgle! I’ve bought some Blights from Heresy to create a third command group for my Plague Bearers. I will also finish all the above models pictured. I might have acquired another Great Unclean One too! (build and paint)
- Finish the Snail Knight (sculpt)
- Start on my pink/blue Horror collection (paint)
- Spice up the bases for currently painted models. I picked up some animal skills from Kromlech.