Reconstructing the Trygon – part 2
Finishing the Trygon was a quick task since I didn’t choose to modify any further parts of the model. It’s a great kit to put together and has a good few options (spares!) to choose from.
For the paint scheme I was torn between a dark glossy look, much like the Alien films, and the earthy yellow and blacks of Starship Troopers’ bugs. I opted for an Alien-inspired theme, but with a few subtle changes to move it away from the monotone black.
Here are the base colours:
- Orkhide shade base coat
- Add Astronomican grey to the Orky green and drybrush successivly lighter layers
- Apply a wash of thinned Badab black to the whole model
- Further apply thinned Badab black to the lower areas of the model and detail
- Paint pure Chaos black the the extreme shadow areas
- Add final highlights of roughly 2:1+ Orkhide:Astronomican
The teeth had to be done bright white for an ideal constrast, but I’m unsure where to take the bodily spikes and claws. Here’s a couple of shots showing the whole model (click to enlarge):